Building Bridges Program Connects Current Students with Incoming Students for One-on-One Peer Support
Our Building Bridges Program links incoming students (peer partners) with returning students (ambassadors) to foster a supportive relationship to ease the transition of new students into the UConn School of Social Work MSW Program.
The Benefits of Participating in Building Bridges:
- New students have the opportunity to meet new people and expand their social network, and receive practical advice, encouragement, and/or support.
- Students gain exposure to different perspectives and experiences.
- Students have an opportunity to increase their social and academic confidence.
- The transition to the UConn School of Social Work can be eased by students who have already been through the process.
Want more information?
Please see Frequently Asked Questions – Incoming Students for more information on the program. Returning Students interested in participating can refer to Frequently Asked Questions – Ambassador Program for additional information.
Participation is based on a first-come, first-serve basis, so don’t wait to fill out your application!
- Returning Students fill out an Ambassador Application
- New Students fill out a Peer Partner Application
For more information about the Building Bridges program contact:
Office of Student and Academic Services