The Nancy A. Humphreys Institute for Political Social Work works to increase the political participation and influence of social workers, and the communities they serve, through education and training, research and agency-based nonpartisan voter engagement.
Address: 1798 Asylum Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117-2698
Phone: (860) 570-9262
•The Campaign School for Social Workers which trains social workers how to run for elected office and to work in leadership positions in various political settings
• Supporting nonpartisan voter registration, education and outreach as an essential part of social work practice in all settings
• Developing voter education resources for schools of social work
• Training nonprofits, social service agencies and social work professionals on nonpartisan voter engagement
• Conducting research on political social work, including the political participation of social workers and the communities they work with
• Expanding opportunities for social work field placements in political settings, including Congressional and state legislative offices
• Supporting political social work as a legitimate specialization within the social work profession.
Error loading calendar.