University of Connecticut University of UC Title Fallback Connecticut

Fees and Payment Information

Please refer to the 2017-2018 Non-Degree Course and Mandatory Fees, Graduate Students of the Bursar Website. 

Payment for Non Degree Program Courses

Statement Regarding Payment of Fees

By submitting the Registration Form to the Registrar, the student accepts responsibility for full payment of all fees. Not attending class does not excuse the payment of fees.

Payment Options

Personal Check or Money Order

Please attach a check or money order (made payable to UConn) to the registration form. Payment is due at the time of registration.

3rd Party Payment

If fees are to be paid by a third party, a letter from the agency or organization providing the funds must accompany the registration. Checks should be made payable to UConn and mailed directly to the Campus Bursar’s Office.

Tuition Reimbursement Programs

Students who participate in a tuition reimbursement program must pay their course fees first and wait for reimbursement from their employer. The University does not consider this a 3rd party payment.

On-Line Self Payment Procedures

New Students who select to pay their course fees by credit Card (MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express, Diner’s Club) or E-check will be emailed detailed instructions on how to submit their payment on line through their personal student administration account. Continuing students will receive confirmation of their enrollment via their UConn email account. All students will be charged a $25 late fee if payment is not received within 72 hours of the registration entry. On-line payments may be made from any computer with an internet connection.

Payment Address & Bursar Contact Information

Bursar’s Office
University of Connecticut
Undergraduate Building, Student and Faculty Administrative Services Office
85 Lawler Road, West Hartford, CT 06117
Telephone: 860.570.9020
Fax: 860.570.9261
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Please do not fax your Registration Form to the Bursar’s Office. Questions related to registration should be addressed to the Business Services Office.

Non Degree Program Refund Policy for Spring

The Non-Degree Program adheres to the University refund policy. Refunds or cancellations of charges are only issued when a student drops all enrolled classes in a given semester.

In order to receive a 100% refund, students must complete the add/drop form (by fax, mail or in-person) prior to the first day of classes. According to the University Calendar, the date for the Spring 2017 semester is Tuesday, January 17th.

Please submit the drop notification by fax, mail or in-person to:

Business Services – Suite 201
85 Lawler Road West Hartford, CT 06117
or by email at

Refunds are available on the following schedule for students whose programs are interrupted or terminated prior to or during a regular academic semester. When notice is received prior to the first day of classes of a semester, full refund (less nonrefundable fees**) will be made if the fees have been paid in full. Thereafter, refunds or cancellations of refundable charges will be made according to the University Academic Calendar based on the following schedule:

Refund Schedule for Non-Degree Students:
Date Refund
1st week* (1/18 – 1/22) 90%
2nd week (1/23 – 1/29) 60%
3rd and 4th week* (1/30 – 2/5) 50%
5th week through 8th week* (2/6 – 3/5) 25%

*Calendar weeks run Monday through Sunday. Regardless of the day of the week that the semester begins, the following Sunday ends the first calendar week.

**The late fee, enrollment fee, credit card convenience fee and e-check fee are non-refundable.

Alternative Loans for Non-Degree Program Students

Non-Degree Program students are not eligible for regular financial aid but they can receive funding through alternative (private) loans. These loans are through commercial banks, have variable interest rates and require a credit check. To learn more or to apply, go to, scroll down to Alternative Loans and use the Learn More button. Instructions and links are here. The lender will ask for what school you are attending. Use UConn Storrs as your school as they process our loans.

  • When you register for your Non-Degree Program class, you must tell the Registrar that you intend to pay for your classes with an alternative loan. You will be registered and will have 10 days to obtain your loan. If after this date you have not obtained your loan or made other payment arrangements, you will be dropped from the classes.
  • When applying for an alternative loan, students must complete a loan application directly with a lender. The Office of Student Financial Aid Services has developed a list of suggested lenders that offer competitive loan programs and benefits to their borrowers. You have the right to choose to borrow through any alternative loan lender. Lender websites can be accessed directly from the Lender List. This list is on the web site listed above. Make sure you scroll all the way down to the Graduate Alternative loan lenders.
  • You will also have to fill out an alternative Loan information form which is on the website listed above. This provides information to the school which is required to process the loan.
  • Upon credit approval, our office will receive notification to certify eligibility for the loan, and funds will be sent to the school.

You must notify the Financial Aid Office at the School of Social Work that you are applying for an alternative loan. The lenders require that the School of Social Work develop Cost of Attendance for the term so they know how much can be lent. If this is not done, the loan is usually disapproved by the lender. The office can also track the loan and often times correct errors. For further information, please contact Rosario Schillinger at or call 860.570.9328.