University of Connecticut University of UC Title Fallback Connecticut

Non Degree Registration Instructions

How to Register

Matriculated Students

Register on-line through your student administration account

Non-Degree Students – Registration for Fall 2017 will not begin until June 5th and the registration process will be new. Please be sure to check back for updates.

Steps to Register for Non-Degree Courses:

  1. Notice which classes on the schedule are offered to Non-Degree students by seeing the “ND” next to those courses in the Non-Degree column
  2. After identifying which of those ND courses you would like to enroll in, utilize the UConn Student Admin’s Dynamic Class Search to confirm if there are still seats available (ND seats can fill up)
    1. Go to:
    2. Login as Guest
    3. Click “Search for a Course”
    4. Enter in desired course’s information
      1. Semester
      2. Subject (ex. BASC 5360 subject would be “SW: Basics”)
      3. Academic Level: select “Graduate”
      4. Campus: select “Hartford”
    5. Once the search results appear, you can determine if seats are available by looking at the “Capacity Available” (here “STEP” is referring to ND) and the “Seats Available” column
  3. If the course if available, you will need to then use the information on the course found in the Dynamic Class Search to compete the ND registration form
  4. Once the ND Registration form is completed, submit via:
    • US Mail: UConn – Hartford Campus
      Business Suite – Room 201
      85 Lawler Road
      West Hartford, CT 06117
    • Fax: 860.570.9261
    • In-Person: UConn – Hartford Campus
      Undergraduate Building
      Business Suite – Room 201
    • E-Mail:

Drop a Non-Degree Course

Social Security Number Request Policy

The University requests that you provide your Social Security Number (SSN). We are required by federal law to inform you of this request. The SSN is collected to enable the University to comply with federal requirements mandated under the IRS tax laws and the Title IV student aid legislation and for other administrative purposes. The University assigns each student a unique identifier that is not the SSN that is used for most administrative purposes.