Professor Alex Gitterman
Zachs Professor and Director of the Doctoral Program
If you are considering a postgraduate degree, UConn’s Doctoral Program in Social Work offers you a world of choices. You’ll gain a skill set that allows you to become a faculty member at a variety of colleges and universities; a researcher; a policy analyst; a planner; or high level administrator in public and private social service organizations.
The quality of the curriculum we offer is second to none. We are committed to these goals:
- Expanding the social work knowledge base
- Strengthening methodological sophistication and rigor for analysis, planning, implementation, and evaluation of social policies and program administration
- Disseminating new analytical tools and understandings
- Providing a resource for the social work community and offer technical support for programs of social change
- Training current practitioners to become scholars, researchers, and educators
- Working with other professions and community agencies to help improve social conditions
For more information select a link, contact us and plan to attend one of our Admission events. We look forward to talking with you about your professional interests and goals.