The School of Social Work does not have a career services office, however personalized assistance is available from the University of Connecticut Center for Career Development at the main campus in Storrs.
Call 860-486-3013 to learn more about the career counseling options available to you as a graduate student. Phone appointments are available for those not able to travel to the Storrs Campus to meet with a career counselor. Career counseling sessions often focus on one or more of the following topics:
- Writing Résumés, CVs, and Cover Letters
- Preparing for Interviews
- Effectively Using Social Media for Networking and the Job Search
- LinkedIn profile consultations
- Job Search Tips and Strategies
Important links on Connecticut’s social work licensure:
- Clinical Social Work Licensure in Connecticut
- NASW CT Page on Licensing Requirements
- NASW CT Page on CT Requirements For Certification As A School Social Worker
- NASW Social Work Licensure (LCSW) Law
- Association of Social Work Boards
HuskyCareerLink is a web based recruiting system, managed by the UConn, Storrs Career Services department and available to matriculated students and alumni. Students interested in participating in on-campus interviews at the Storrs campus only and/or viewing electronic job postings MUST register in HuskyCareerLink and utilize the system to view job openings, apply for positions, and sign up for interview times.
Upcoming Career Services Events at the School of Social Work:
- Strategies for Interviewing – Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:45pm – 2:45pm
- MSW Career Advising & Student Résumé Review Sessions – Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- Social Workers’ Network – Tuesday, March 7, 2017 1:00pm – 3:00pm (see below for list of agencies attending)
- NASW CT Licensing Workshop – Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:50pm – 3:35pm or Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:45pm – 2:30pm
Email email@example.com to RSVP for any of these events and/or learn more.
Agencies confirmed to attend Social Workers’ Network 2017*:
|Behavioral Health Network|
|Boys & Girls Village|
|Community Health Resources|
|Community Renewal Team|
|Connecticut Junior Republic|
|CT League of Conservation Voters|
|Day Kimball Healthcare|
|Dept. of Developmental Services|
|Family & Children’s Aid|
|Greater Hartford Alliance of Black Social Workers|
|Hartford HealthCare Behavioral Health Network|
|Renfrew Center Foundation|
|Southeastern Council on Alcohol & Drug Dependence|
|The Village for Families and Children|
|United Community & Family Services|
*This list is subject to change.
For other web-based social work employment resources click here.*This list is subject to change.
- Information on Fellowships can be found on the UConn Office of National Scholarships & Fellowships page by clicking Graduate Students then Toolkit: Humanities & Social Sciences.
- Also, please utilize our list of possible fellowship opportunities for MSW Students that the Office of Student & Academic Services has put together.