Welcome to the University of Connecticut School of Social Work!
We look forward to working with you at your orientation and advising session to help orient you to the requirements of the advanced standing option which will enable you to successfully complete the Master of Social Work Degree. Please complete all 5 steps listed below and carefully review all the information below before your Orientation and Advising Session. Special attention should be given to the Academic Information in Step 2. Please come prepared with the printed material indicated in red and any questions you may have regarding the program.
Step 1: Review Field Placement & Print Plan of Study Information
- What You Need to Know About Field Education
- Advanced Standing Placement Form – Print form, complete, attach resume and mail it to the Field Education Office
- Print Plan of Study – Select and print Plan of Study for your Method Concentration and bring to your session.
Step 2: Review Academic Information
- Would You Like to Organize Your Electives in a Focused Area of Study?
- Lighten Your Course Load by Taking a Summer Course Through Non-Degree Program
- Calendars and Class Schedules
- MSW Course Directory
Step 3: Review Building Bridges Information
Our Building Bridges Program links incoming students (peer partners) with returning students (ambassadors) to foster a supportive relationship to ease the transition of new students into the UConn School of Social Work MSW Program. Learn more about the Building Bridges Program.
Step 4: Review Save the Dates
- Husky OneCard Photo Schedule (required)
- Meet & Greet Social – Convocation is not required for Advanced Standing Students
- SSW Graduate Student Organization Gathering
Step 5: Review Resources & Complete Paperwork
- Health Information
- Sexual Violence Awareness
- Disability Services
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Student Organization
- GSO Greater Hartford Resources
- Parking Services/Public Safety (Vehicle Registration Information Form)
- Harleigh B. Trecker Library
- Computer Center
- New Student Technology Training
- UConn Co-Op
- Microsoft/Windows Software for Students
- Writing Assistance
- Career Services