Welcome to the University of Connecticut School of Social Work!
We look forward to working with you at your Orientation and Advising Sessions. Please complete all 5 steps listed below and carefully review all the information below before your Orientation Session. Special attention should be given to the Academic Information in Step 2. Please come prepared with the printed material indicated in red and any questions you may have regarding the program.
Step 1: Determine If You Are Ready for Field Placement
Can you handle taking four or five courses? Can you change your schedule to accommodate taking a 15- or 20-hour week field placement in addition to taking four or five courses? If you answered YES to these questions, then you are prepared to go into field placement in the Fall semester. If you answered NO, you may want to consider postponing your field placement until the Fall semester of the following year.
Step 2: Review Academic Information
- Would You Like to Organize Your Electives in a Focused Area of Study? – Revision of Focused Area of Study options coming soon.
- Lighten Your Course Load by Taking a Summer Course Through Non-Degree Program
- Calendars and Class Schedules
- MSW Course Directory
Step 3: Review Building Bridges Information
Our Building Bridges Program links incoming students (peer partners) with returning students (ambassadors) to foster a supportive relationship to ease the transition of new students into the UConn School of Social Work MSW Program. Learn more about the Building Bridges Program.
Step 4: Review Additional Requirements
- Convocation: August 25, 2017 from 10:00 – 12:00 pm (new time) – All incoming students are required to attend
- Not Anymore – All incoming students must complete training no later than May 31st in order to register for Fall semester
- Husky OneCard Photo
Step 5: Review Resources
- Financial Aid
- Health Information (Vaccination Record Required)
- GSO Greater Hartford Resources – Includes housing resources
- Housing Directory
- Parking Services (Student Permit Registration begins July 1st)
- Career Services
- Disability Services
- Graduate Student Organization
- Harleigh B. Trecker Library
- Sexual Violence Awareness
- UConn Bookstore
- Veterans Affairs & Military Programs
- Writing Assistance