Date: Sunday, May 4, 2014
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts, UConn, Storrs, CT
This special unofficial ceremony sponsored by the School of Social Work is a wonderful time to celebrate your accomplishments with your peers, family, and friends. Each graduate is recognized on stage and hooded by members of the School of Social Work faculty. Historically, this ceremony is preferred by the majority of MSW students.
December 2013, May 2014 and August 2014 graduates including approved summer block students can participate in the ceremony.
The Ceremony is approximately 2.5 hours and begins promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- Free parking is available in the North Parking Garage. Please allow plenty of time to drive, park, and anticipate any potential traffic delays.
- Leave personal items in your car or with family.
- There are no guest limits or tickets required.
- Students should report to the rear of the lobby entrance at 9:00 a.m. to check-in for their reader card.
- Once students check in they should report to the lower level to mingle with their peers and take photos. Guests are not allowed in this area.
- Coffee, tea and water will be available to students in the lower level.
- Please contact Marilyn Cardone at (860) 570-9157 if you or one of your guests requires any reasonable accommodations due to a disability. Please submit requests by April 11th; requests submitted after this date cannot be guaranteed.
- You are required to wear graduation regalia (cap, gown and hood). Please order your regalia from the Greater Hartford UConn Co-Op by early April. You will also need to pick up your regalia from the Greater Hartford UConn Co-Op. Please order early in case you require a custom gown.
- The Greater Hartford UConn Co-Op will be having a Grad Fair mid-semester. Students will be able to order and try on regalia, view diploma frames and Class of 2014 merchandise. Keep an eye on your UConn email for more information. The Co-Ops hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please call (860) 570-9197 for spring break hours.
GradImages will photograph each graduate as they are recognized on stage. Please refer to www.gradimages.com/ for specific details.
How to Apply to Graduate
Graduate students should apply for the MSW degree by logging into your student administration account. Please refer to the Applying for Graduation instructions at http://ssw.uconn.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/258/2011/03/Degree_Completion_Information.pdf.
Once semester grades are submitted, a review of all graduates transcripts will occur to ensure the requirements for the MSW degree have been met. Once all potential MSW graduate transcripts are reviewed, the information is sent to Storrs for processing. Expected time of diploma mailing from the main campus in Storrs is mid-fall.
School of Social Work diploma frames are available for purchase in the Greater Hartford UConn Co-Op. Please visit the store to view the different frame options.