Top 12% best graduate schools for social work in the nation
No. 36 in the U.S. and no. 1 in Connecticut
8,700+ alumni worldwide
Our Bachelor's of Social Work degree prepares graduates for entry-level employment in a wide range of community and social service agencies. One of the few majors that can be completed at the UConn Hartford campus.
In addition to learning about the profession's values, knowledge, and skills, our Master's of Social Work students pursue a concentration in Community Organizing; Individuals, Groups & Families; or Policy Practice.
Within a community of supportive mentors, distinguished faculty, and peers, our PhD program prepares scholars and researchers to serve as faculty members and leaders in human service organizations and research centers.
Our Non-Degree program enables you to register for graduate social work courses as a non-matriculated student. A variety of morning, afternoon, and evening classes are available during the fall, spring, and summer.
Earn CE credits and keep informed of current research, theory, and techniques that help social workers and other human service professionals better serve their clients and communities.
Social Workers change lives!
Realize your dreams, expand your knowledge and develop your social work skills while earning your degree at the UConn School of Social Work.
Ranked no. 36 best graduate school for social work
by U.S. News & World Report.
UConn School of Social Work is among the top 12% of programs nationwide and no. 1 in the state of Connecticut.
- Commencement 2022 Highlights May 9, 2022
- Celebrating Class of 2022: Meet School of Social Work’s Avery Smith BSW ’22 May 2, 2022
- 2022 Commencement Speakers and Honorary Degree Recipients April 29, 2022
- Social Work Program Puts Students on Track to Serve Latinx/a/o Families in Connecticut April 25, 2022
- School of Social Work Commencement Speakers Stand Out as Community Builders, Advocates for Justice April 21, 2022
- UConn Law Commencement Celebrates Class of 2022 May 15, 2022
- Graduate Profile: Patti Garwood ’22 May 15, 2022
- Commissioner Deidre Gifford Commencement Address to the Pharm.D. Class of 2022 May 13, 2022
- Three Consecutive Top ‘A’ Patient Safety Ratings for UConn John Dempsey Hospital May 13, 2022
- Tech-assisted Spine Surgery Likened to ‘X-Ray Vision’ May 13, 2022