Welcome to the University of Connecticut School of Social Work!
We look forward to working with you at your orientation and advising sessions. Please complete all 6 steps listed below and carefully review all the information below before your Orientation Session. Special attention should be given to the Academic Information in Step 2. Please come prepared with the printed material indicated in red and any questions you may have regarding the program.
Step 1: Review Field Placement & Print Program Plan
Step 2: Review Academic Information
Step 5: Review Additional Requirements
- Fall Registration: June 20th at 10 am
- Convocation: August 24th at 10 am – All incoming students are required to attend
- Not Anymore – All incoming students must complete training no later than May 31st in order to register for Fall semester
- Husky One Card – To obtain your Husky One Card, students are encouraged to take advantage of the online photo submission option. Students also have the option to obtain their card at the One Card Office, located in the Hartford Times Building.
- Student Health Services Information
Step 6: Review Resources
Look over the resources available to you as a MSW student:
- Center for Career Development & SSW Career Services Page
- Center for Students with Disabilities
- Financial Aid – General
- Hartford Information Technology Services
- Off-Campus Housing – Please be sure to select “Housing” then “Hartford Campus” on top of page
- Parking Services
- Phone Book
- Public Transportation
- Sexual Violence Awareness
- Student Employment
- UConn Alert
- UConn Bookstore
- Veterans Affairs
- Writing Center
Get familiar with the campus:
Consider getting involved!