Welcome to the University of Connecticut School of Social Work!
We look forward to working with you at your orientation and advising session. Please save the date below and use this step-by-step guide which will help assist incoming students to prepare for their MSW program.
Spring 2020 Admitted Student Orientation & Advising Session
Wednesday, January 8, 2020 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm in the UConn School of Social Work
IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY, PLEASE COMPLETE STEPS BELOW.
These steps were sent via email once you paid your deposit to the program.
Financial Aid (TIME SENSITIVE)
If you have not done so already, please consider completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students who are admitted for Spring 2020 will need to complete the FAFSA for the current academic year 2019-2020, as well as the upcoming academic year 2020-2021.
- For more information and deadlines please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid Services
New Student Technology Training
Not Anymore Training
Cannot register for classes without completion
- Upload immunization records and complete pending forms under “my forms” within the student health portal
- Health Insurance Waiver – available in Student Admin from Dec. 1 to Feb. 5 for Spring 2020 term
Please contact UConn Student Health and Wellness should you have any questions on this process.
PRIOR TO THE START OF THE SEMESTER:
Student ID (Husky One Card)
To obtain your Husky One Card, students are encouraged to take advantage of the online photo submission option. Students also have the option to obtain their card at the One Card Office, located in the Hartford Times Building.
- For international students
- For veteran students
- For students needing learning accommodations
- Further resources:
- Center for Career Development & SSW Career Services Page
- Center for Students with Disabilities
- Financial Aid – General
- Graduate School
- Hartford Information Technology Services
- NASW Code of Ethics
- Off-Campus Housing – Select “Housing” then “Hartford Campus” on top of page
- Parking Services
- Phone Book
- Public Transportation
- Veterans Affairs
- Writing Center
- Get familiar with the campus:
- Graduate Student Organization - Consider getting involved!