Welcome to the University of Connecticut School of Social Work!
Please use this step-by-step guide which will help assist incoming students to prepare for their MSW program.
First Step – Matriculation
Prior to completing next steps, you will need to complete the steps to finalize your matriculation (your official enrollment as a student with the University).
Your admission cannot be finalized until all official transcripts have been received by the Graduate School. Official transcripts from UConn are not required.
If you have not already done so, please mail your official transcripts to the address below:
Whetten Graduate Center
438 Whitney Road Extension, Unit 1152
Storrs, Connecticut 06269-1152
Alternatively—for U.S. transcripts only—you may have the school's registrar's office send them electronically via email to email@example.com.
If you are currently waiting for your degree to be conferred:
Send your most up-to-date official transcripts for matriculation purposes. You will be required to send a final official transcript showing completed courses and/or your completed degree as soon as they are available.
To confirm your official transcript has been received:
You can verify receipt of the transcripts by logging into your applicant status portal.
Please disregard any of these steps if you have already completed them.
Financial Aid (TIME SENSITIVE)
If you have not done so already, please consider completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students who are admitted for the Summer 2021 Advanced Standing program will need to complete the FAFSA for the current academic year 2020-2021 as well as the upcoming academic year 2021-2022.
- For more information and deadlines please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid Services
Activate NetID & Set Up UConn Email Account
- Activate your NetID (ex: abc12345) using the UConn NetID activation code which was sent to you shortly after your admission to the University. If you have misplaced your activation code or if you are having problems logging in, please contact the UITS Help Center at 860-486-HELP (860-486-4357).
UConn Email Account
- Set up your UConn Email Account by following the instructions here. Beginning mid-May, all official correspondences from the University will be sent to this address.
- This guide will walk you through the technology tools available that support learning at UConn.
Complete the Online Not Anymore Training
Complete your Student Health History Form
View the Field Education website to become familiar with the field education requirements. More information will be sent to you directly from the Field Education Department.
PRIOR TO THE START OF THE PROGRAM:
Further information will be sent via email once available.
Student ID (Husky One Card)
To obtain your Husky One Card, students are encouraged to take advantage of the online photo submission option.
- For international students
- For veteran students
- For students needing learning accommodations
- Further resources:
- Center for Career Development & SSW Career Services Page
- Center for Students with Disabilities
- Financial Aid – General
- Graduate School
- Hartford Information Technology Services
- NASW Code of Ethics
- Off-Campus Housing – Select “Housing” then “Hartford Campus” on top of page
- Parking Services
- Phone Book
- Public Transportation
- Veterans Affairs
- Writing Center
- Get familiar with the campus:
- Graduate Student Organization - Consider getting involved!