Welcome to the University of Connecticut School of Social Work!
Please use this step-by-step guide which will help assist incoming students to prepare for their MSW program.
IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY, PLEASE COMPLETE STEPS BELOW.
1: Financial Aid (TIME SENSITIVE)
If you have not done so already, please consider completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students who are admitted for the Advanced Standing program (Summer 2020) will need to complete the FAFSA for the current academic year 2019-2020, as well as the upcoming academic year 2020-2021.
- For more information and deadlines please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid Services
2: Activate NetID & Set Up UConn Email Account
- Activate your NetID (ex: abc12345) using the UConn NetID activation code which was sent to you shortly after your admission to the University. If you have misplaced your activation code or if you are having problems logging in, please contact the UITS Help Center at 860-486-HELP (860-486-4357).
UConn Email Account
- Set up your UConn Email Account by following the instructions here. Beginning mid-May, all official correspondences from the University will be sent to this address.
- This guide will walk you through the technology tools available that support learning at UConn.
3: Not Anymore Training
- Complete no later than May 31st - students will not be able to register for classes until complete
4: Health-Related Requirements
5. Field Education
View the Field Education website to become familiar with the field education requirements. More information will be sent to you directly from the Field Education Department.
6. Sign Up for Virtual Orientation – Required
*NetID is needed for this step - Please see Step 2 if you have yet to activate yours*
All incoming students are required to attend an Orientation session. Students will not be able to enroll in courses if the Orientation requirement is not met.
Please select a session below that works best for you and click on the link to register.
Regular MSW Program Sessions
- Tuesday, April 7 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Friday, April 17 from 9:00 to 11:00 am
- Saturday, April 25 from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Thursday, April 30 from 2 to 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 12 from 4 to 6:00 pm
- Friday, June 5 from 9:30 to 11:00 am
Advanced Standing MSW Program Sessions
- Advising – Information is forthcoming
- Fall Registration: June 17, 2020 at 10:00 am
- Convocation on Joining our SSW Community: August 28, 2020 from 9:30 am to 12:00 pm
8. Sign Up for a Tour – Optional
PRIOR TO THE START OF THE PROGRAM:
Student ID (Husky One Card)
To obtain your Husky One Card, students are encouraged to take advantage of the online photo submission option. Students also have the option to obtain their card at the One Card Office, located in the Hartford Times Building.
- For international students
- For veteran students
- For students needing learning accommodations
- Further resources:
- Center for Career Development & SSW Career Services Page
- Center for Students with Disabilities
- Financial Aid – General
- Graduate School
- Hartford Information Technology Services
- NASW Code of Ethics
- Off-Campus Housing – Select “Housing” then “Hartford Campus” on top of page
- Parking Services
- Phone Book
- Public Transportation
- Veterans Affairs
- Writing Center
- Get familiar with the campus:
- Graduate Student Organization - Consider getting involved!