The Center for Career Development Hartford is ready to help. Please take a look at the CCD-Hartford web page and make an appointment.
Career counseling sessions often focus on one or more of the following topics:
- Writing Résumés, CVs, and Cover Letters
- Preparing for Interviews
- Effectively Using Social Media for Networking and the Job Search
- LinkedIn profile consultations
- Job Search Tips and Strategies
Important links on Connecticut’s social work licensure:
- Clinical Social Work Licensure in Connecticut
- NASW CT Page on Licensing Requirements
- NASW CT Page on CT Requirements For Certification As A School Social Worker
- NASW Social Work Licensure (LCSW) Law
- Association of Social Work Boards
HuskyCareerLink is a web based recruiting system, managed by the UConn, Storrs Career Services department and available to matriculated students and alumni. Students interested in participating in on-campus interviews at the Storrs campus only and/or viewing electronic job postings MUST register in HuskyCareerLink and utilize the system to view job openings, apply for positions, and sign up for interview times.
Upcoming Career Services Events at the School of Social Work:
- NASW CT Licensing Workshop – March 2018, Dates & Times TBA
- Social Workers’ Network – March 6, 2018
For other web-based social work employment resources click here.
- 2017-2018 Assistantship Openings
- Information on Fellowships can be found on the UConn Office of National Scholarships & Fellowships page by clicking Graduate Students then Toolkit: Humanities & Social Sciences.